Apprenticeships with Derby City Council’s Adult Learning Service
An apprenticeship with Derby City Council is a great way to gain work experience while earning money at the same time and developing your skill set. You will be doing a real job and work towards qualifications that confirm your competency.
Our apprenticeships last a minimum of 12 months and we offer them at both level 2 and level 3.
What apprenticeships are delivered through Derby City Council’s Adult Learning Service?
- Business administration
- Customer service
- Public Service Operational Delivery
- Team Leader / Supervisor
- Health & Social Care.
Why join Derby City Council as an apprentice?
- improve your job prospects – many of our apprentices have secured permanent employed positions in the Council
- receive the current rate of pay for our apprenticeships which is £159.10 per week, paid monthly (from April 2021)
- 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
- 26 days' holiday and all bank holidays per year
- gain a variety of experience in one of our teams
- work towards industry recognised qualifications
- gain valuable skills, learning from experienced staff
- help and support from your manager, training provider to gain transferrable work skills.
Are there any requirements?
Depending on the vacancy you may need:
- English and Maths at grades A to C, or equivalent
- to be committed and enthusiastic about working for Derby City Council and gaining qualifications
- good communication skills
- strong team working skills
- to be customer-focused
- to be confident using digital skills.
Where will I be placed during my training?
We often advertise apprenticeship vacancies across a variety of roles, these could be based at the Council House or in one of our services across the city.
Where will I complete my learning?
For the apprenticeships listed on this page, Derby Adult Learning Service will plan and deliver your training. A minimum of 20% of your working time will be spent on your off-the job-training and learning activities. These may take place in the training centre or within your workplace.
How do I apply for an apprenticeship?
We advertise our apprenticeships on the Governement website GOV.UK - Find an apprenticeship. If you apply on this site, you will be directed to our Derby City Council jobs page where the application form, job description, person specification and advert for our Council apprenticeships can be found.
Please read our guidance notes before applying for vacancies.
For more information, email email@example.com or telephone 01332 956565.